PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
What has everyone's experience been with receiving orders from Pipes and Cigars? I made my first order this last week and I'm checking the tracking number now:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?origTrackNum=9101901065315527349760
Now I live in Texas.. and this stuff is in Louisiana for delivery today..?! I guess common place for USPS based on where I am at?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have had good service from P&C. Your problem is clearly with the USPS. They are already 2 days late. Better call them, their tracking is notoriously vague. Also ask about insurance, which I think is an automatic $50 coverage for Priority Mail. Perhaps it would be better to go through P&C customer service, since they are the ones who sent the package, and technically, they are the USPS customer.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
The USPS is the worst way to ship packages. They take no responsibility for anything. I had a package that was scheduled for delivery to my address sit at the branch office 4 miles from my house for 2 additional days waiting to be delivered. When I called they said each day "It's on a pallet and we haven't opened it yet". Same response when I asked if I can just pick it up. I of course went into a rant and you know how that goes lols. Wasn't life or death, but when you have a computer down in a house full of gamers...
P&C is number one when it comes to pipe tobacco, and take care of everything. Let them deal with it.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I had a recent, and very out of the ordinary, problem with P&C this month too. My tracking said it was in Kansas, and I live in Illinois. But I called P&C and they said it had actually not shipped yet. Weird. They have always done great for me. I agree with earlier posts, it is usps' fault. I'm sure if you call P&C they will straighten it all out for you.

inteus

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
USPS has huge lag in their tracking system. It could take more than a day to report any movement on their system. I had a package in my hands before their tracking system said it even had the package, then updated a day later.
Their tracking system is getting better, but still nowhere near other delivery services.
I've gotten several orders from P&C the last week or so and they've always been within 3 days of ordering.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I love P&C. Order from them very regularly and all my shipments reach my girlfriends Oregon haven safely and expeditiously.
=D

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Love P&C's service. I get emails of shipments of back ordered items before I get the email notice of the item being in stock.
Can't blame P&C for USPS shipping mishaps.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
I ordered from P&C this week. Shipping was great. I ordered on the 10th and got my goods today. Partial order because some items were on back order. No big deal.

Part of my order was Russ's September special blend. 4 ounces of cinnamon roll and get a free corn cob. Well I got the cob and unfortunately it was made in China. Needless to say I won't be smoking that. I was hoping for a MM cob. :(

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I always have fun watching my orders miss me completely and then back track to me. It happens to everyone that uses USPS instead of actual companies like Fedex.

~Ron

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
Much like everyone else, I have only good things to say about the people and practices (shipping and otherwise) at P&C. When I order, I usually select the 3 day shipping at the very least. It ensures that your package gets shipped that day (assuming you order before 2pm eastern) but it also guarantees that it will ship via UPS or FedEx, thus keeping it out of the hands of the USPS. I also just ordered a new Peterson from Best Cigar Prices (only since P&C were out) so I'll let everyone know how that turns out.

Aug 14, 2012
After a few problems around the time they moved, I have received excellent service and delivery time from pipesandcigars. The local mailman leaves the packages in the hall, so I don't have to be here to connect with the UPS driver, and I am pleased that they take Paypal, which is easier to make a claim with than a credit card if someone steals the package. The flakiness of the post office kept me from shipping with them for quite a few years when I had a camera store. But finally I capitulated and became their customer when Fedex and UPS made the paperwork for international shipping horrific. I have to say that is years of regularly shipping packages with USPS they lost only one package.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Don't get me wrong, no complaints about P&C - its totally USPS. AND speak of the Devil its actually made it here to Austin - and is out for Delivery. It just took 2 extra days. It's like they lost it in Louisiana.

chervokas

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2013
I used USPS a lot for shipping from P&C and other retailers. It's not the best -- it's not the fastest, the tracking data doesn't appear to be super current and I've also had something sit around in the local post office after delivery for a couple of days. But mostly the stuff arrives just find if a little slow and it's been reliable enough for me from P&C and other places such that I'm not interested in paying more for other shipping methods.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I ordered 2 pipes same day. Got tracking for both next day. 1 was in Italy Ups had it here in 4 days. 2nd was in New York. USPS has taken 6 days so far still not here. They are a joke. useless , morons who run it. I'm sorry for the employees, but I wish they had to run like other businesses and when you suck this bad you don't exist long. Shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.