PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
So, there was a hue and cry when Smoking Pipes changed their web site. Now Pipes and Cigars has followed suit. I liked the old site better, but as with the changes at Smoking Pipes I really do not care all that much. I think many of the points made before may apply here.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
wish they would add a pipe search function similar to s&p. Also I wish the numbers on the dimensions were exact because they definitely round up or down the inside diameter of the bowl.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The function itself is not difficult to add, but making sure that the data is present in all pipe listings could be a huge undertaking. They have, what, 25,000 pipes?

I've seen companies with far more inventory than that handle updating webpages way better. These guys took forever getting the sizes and weights of their pipes online. They used that whole inventory verses time thing then. It's getting to be an old excuse. Just look at Smoking Pipes. They don't cry like little girls. They seem to do the pipe part of their webpages right without all of the whining. I hate P&C pipe pages. They make looking for a pipe so frustrating that I want to throw my phone against the wall.

However, I buy about 70% of my tobacco from P&C. Russ and H&H tobacco is the only thing they've gotten right, IMO.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I noticed the change. It's subtle and attractive. Doesn't effect functionality, and it reduced some of the clutter of the previous homepage. I think it's a win.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"I noticed the change. It's subtle and attractive."
I just noticed it, ergo my post/thread. It is not a dramatic makeover, as noted, most of it as you scroll down the page. Not earth-shaking.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Now it's an Easter Egg hunt... and just when I'd banned myself from that site for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.