Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
Pipes and Cigars Has Penzance!
http://pipesandcigars.com/penzance1.html#.USZ10h27JBk
unfortunately, Ive already gone through my budget for February... :cry:

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
The first thing I think when I see a post like this is " well not anymore they don't" haha, congrats to whoever gets it!

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
I just got one 8oz bag. Does it store well in the bag or should I jar it up?
D

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Depends on how much you smoke, but I personally would leave 1-2 weeks worth of smoke out of the jar and the rest in.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Must resist temptation to order more! I just scored a pound earlier today.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
You can always give Ed at Payless a call. He quite frequently seems to have Penzance available he just doesn't list it on the website. Tell him Don F. sent you. 866-747-3747

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I just bought 8oz. I figured that if I don't like it, it wouldn't be hard to trade it for something I do like.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Flyguy the stuff is very good. If you like that style of tobacco. If you don't yes it will be very easy to get rid of.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
@ fitzy: I bet I like it too. I like latakia and most English blends. This one comes highly recommended and you guys haven't steered me wrong yet!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
One of these days, I'll have to open a tin of Penzance. You guys aren't helping!!!! Buncha enablers!! Grouse, grouse, grouse... :)

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
The shipping is too expensive for me. Wish 4noggins would get some 2oz tins of Penzance in, dying to try it. But seems like the tins are very rare now.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Okay! I received my 8oz package of Penzance and jarred most of it. Last night I fired up a bowl. Out of the packet it had a really weird smell, I can't describe it. I have, however, learned to judge tobacco on its taste and smoking qualities and not the tin aroma. I can't really describe this stuff after one bowl but it was heavenly! I really consider Penzance a true blend as no one ingredient stands out. The best I can do is say that it as a Balkan version of Stonehaven and I love Stonehaven. Stonehaven is much sweeter but equally indescribable. I know I keep saying "I can't describe it" and "indescribable" but is it a bad thing when a tobacco makes you speechless?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Flyguy the craziest thing is when I first opened my bag of Penzance I didn't smell the Latakia at all. I threw it in a jar and lit up a bowl. The next time I opened that jar I absolutely smelled the Latakia. It's almost like it sort of mutated in the jar after just a couple days. Like it needed to breathe.
The taste for me is almost cedar and stays with me for quite some time afterwards. To me it's very mild but just an amazing taste. One of these days I'm going to snag a bag of Stonehaven when it comes up on smokingpipes.com. Last time I hit in within 5 minutes of the in stock notice and missed. lol

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I was an English smoker, Penzance was in my top 3 for sure. i think it is a very unique blend and very high quality. I am so glad I no longer have a taste for it, I have enough hard to finds in my cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.