Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Pipes and Cigars EMP Match

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

seamusjft

Login to Send PM

Has anyone tried pipes and cigars (.com) dunhill matches. In particular EMP and My mixture. The prices just sound too good to be true!

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have the EMP match. I can say that it is one of my favorite blends to date. However, I've never actually smoked the "real" EMP! (At the time I ordered the match, I was under the impression that it was the "real deal").

AAnyway, it its smooth, mild, slightly smokey, slightly sweet. Lots of flavor, and burns great. Mine (8oz bulk) arrived slightly moist, but it drys pretty quickly and packs easily. I would buy it again, even if it does not really taste like Dunhill EMP, it is just a good blend.

I do have a tin of EMP, but am waiting to smoke up some of what I already have opened before I pop it!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

seamusjft

Login to Send PM

Thanks gray. That sounds much like EMP from your description and you answered my main concern which was if I was gonna get stuck with a bag of nastiness. It's so cheap, especially by the uk standards, I gotta give it a go.
    Cheers for the reply dude

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree, the price is fantastic, by US standards too.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lestrout

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

During the temporary drought of Dunhill blends in the US, I got some of the 'matches' issued by P&C (which I think was Altadis), McClelland and others. Even if it wasn't quite a match, I thought Alt965 was pretty good in its own right. Same for AMP, though I'm less into EMP.

hp
    les

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. coalsmoke

coalsmoke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

MM965 is one of my favorites and I just picked up 3 more tins...a half pound next TAD order. I once tried a 965 match and it wasn't very good. Smokingpipes.com has a good price on bulk 965. I prefer the real thing and at 4.16 an ounce when buying 8oz., it's certainly affordable for me.

Russ
    Pipe smoking is true relaxation. Everything else is work.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I like the Dunhill EMP myself and I buy it in bulk. Like my take on the aromatics I smoke, EMP is not, by any means, my "go to" smoke, but it's a nice pop to the rotation now and then. Not that super-expensive either.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jdmack09, rsuninv, 4noggins, conlejm, mrenglish, andystewart, davidsasson, bigvan