PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Just a thought,do any of you have a preference for different pipes for different blends of baccy.I have a couple that I only put English/Latakia in,Pete Sherlock Holmes,B-C Churchwarde and the new one Pete Arran 268.The others alternate between Aros and Latakia. Mind you I could be just weird ( that's what my grand-daughter thinks anyway ) :crazy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think what you're doing is pretty common. Some claim, I think rightly, that certain pipes

improve the experience of the blend. I don't do it because the tobacco genres I smoke are pretty

complementary, to me at least; and it seems like a bit of a hassle given the expectation of only

a slight improvement.
I do have a Brigham that does wonders with Va flakes, and I rarely use it for anything else.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
I smoke all my blends in all my pipes. I love latakia so if there is a lat ghost on any aro blend so much more pleasureable. No aro ever overtakes latakia so I'm not worried.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i never really set out to do it, but i do have some pipes that seem to like some things better than others. i have a little bradford rhodesian that hates aromatics of any ilk. he is just a burley kinda pipe i guess.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'm with the others with one exception. I pretty much dedicate my Stanwell Golden Danish to C&D's Gentleman Caller. Its a light pipe and seems to wrok very well with that particular blend. CG has a fair amount of deer tongue in it so I'm careful about that aspect of the blend.

As for the rest of my pipes, anything goes.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I don't dedicate pipes to specific blends, but I do see why some people do it. I have a Butz-Choquin Daccord that gets hotter than hell when I smoke aromatics in it. If I dedicated pipes to blends and if I smoked English blends I'd surely dedicate that BC to English blends. But I'm one of those guys who grabs whatever pipe I feel like smoking and whatever tobacco I feel like smoking in it at the time.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
It may be that I just have waaaaay too many pipes, but I dedicate most pipes to the one tobacco that really sings in them.

Some of my pipes are for two or three similar tobaccos.

Some of my pipes I havent found the one tobacco that it likes best.

Some of my pipes I've forgotten what tobacco I decided to smoke in them.

It suits me well. Generally I smoke the same few blends pretty heavy for a week or two, then start smoking different blends for a few weeks. Rotating tobaccos, and the pipes I smoke them in, gives the pipes some rest.

capnbellamy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2011
Canterbury, England
With a new blend, I tend to try it in all my pipes first before deciding on the best one. I've found that blends like Old Dublin work best in my biggest Brog, and so on. The Whiskey I'm currently smoking is pretty terrible in everything bar a Peterson's with a Churchwarden stem that happens to fit it better than the pipe I originally bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.