PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I've seen a few negative comments on P&C's customer service recently, and thought I'd share my experience. I have been a subscriber to their tobacco of the month club since June, and I just switched to the non-aromatic choice for October. When I called customer support to change my plan, I found the representative to be very pleasant and helpful. Fast forward to today, I received my package and open it up. Invoice is marked non-aro, box is labeled non-aro, but the tobacco inside is the aromatic selections for the month. About 10 minutes on the phone and I am completely satisfied with my experience. I'm not saying that those who complained had no reason to, but my personal experience with P&C's customer service has been nothing but great.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
They must do right most of the time judging by the happy campers here. Count me as one. Not saying they're perfect but most routine orders are handled perfectly and promptly.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
+1 On the rare occasion I have had an issue it has been addressed promptly. In a recent case discussed here it was more of an issue about a pipe's finish blistering. Was it a customer issue or a quality control problem? On that one I thought they missed the boat. Small dollars would have yielded high dividends in PR.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I've ordered over a couple of dozen times from P&C and the one time I had an issue of my box getting torn open and my bulk PS Luxury Twist spilling out everywhere. They were prompt and handled the issue with great satisfaction on my part.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I buy from both pipes and cigars and smoking pipes and have had excellent service from both.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Having worked in Customer Service it can be challenging at times. Some people just can not be pleased, no matter what you do. In either case, I have been buying from P&C for a little over a year now and I am very pleased with the product and service. Kudos to everyone there.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I have found the customer service department to be outstanding, but the shipping department to be somewhat hit or miss. Over the past year or two I've had numerous poorly packed packages land on my doorstep with the occasional dinged-dented-damaged tin with a compromised seal here and there. Nothing that would make me consider taking my business elsewhere, but its been disappointing at times. I keep going back to them due to the outstanding monthly specials they run and because Russ has made a fan boy out of me. I really love his new Fire Storm! Just outstanding!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
OK, I'm a bit biased here, but let me say this: I just did my 2014 taxes, and was a bit taken aback at just how much opportunity I've had to interact with P&C as a customer. To date: One issue. A pound of 965 that was too dry. Remedy: Replacement on my doorstep in 3 days. It's just one of the reasons that I went to P&C at the end of that year with the Standard Tobacco project.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Yeah P&C does a nice job I had a dented tin and no questions asked shipped me a new one and just told me to keep the old tin.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Noting but praise for P&C. I've ordered a bunch from them. No snags. Had a tin or two dented, but I smoked them right away and that was that.
I'm happy. That's all that matters with me, and P&C gets the job done for me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
@woodsroad: Just getting your taxes in? Early, dude; you have almost a week!
Mine are still with the accountant, but as of 3 PM today, he has all the info. I say this publicly: I will get 'er done next year by the normal due date. You join me in the pledge?

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I live abroad so I couldn't order from them directly. Few days ago, I ordered few tobaccos, a pipe, cleaners, etc. from them to deliver to my friend in USA. The friend was going to receive the goods and forward them to me. So I am paying for the delivery within USA and for the international one. Unfortunately they didn't have the Dr. Grabow pipe in stock, I called and asked them to wait until the pipe arrives so they can send all the things together. They said that they can send everything but pipe and when they have pipe in stock they will send it for free. I asked them to wait because of the double delivery fee thing. The guy on the phone was very kind and explained me the whole Grabow thing, then I asked about international shipping and he gave me a brief information about laws, etc. I was happy with the customer service. Next day I received an email telling that the items were shipped, I thought they had the pipe in stock, I checked the order and realized that pipe was not shipped. I called them a while ago and asked them to notify me when the pipe is in stock so I can order other things as well. I will get a free shipping at least. Am I happy with that? Not that much. Will I order from them again? Hell yeah.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have found the customer service department to be outstanding, but the shipping department to be somewhat hit or miss.
If I could suggest an area for them to work on, it would be the packing. Certain other large online retailers will wrap multiple tins in paper, ensuring that they do not collide with one another like bowling balls while UPS plays football with the box.
One thing that draws me back to P&C is the website: it makes ordering easy and comparison very easy. I also think they understand how to make a sale into a spectacle and make all of us pick up their overstock and be happy about it :)

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
If I could suggest an area for them to work on, it would be the packing. Certain other large online retailers will wrap multiple tins in paper, ensuring that they do not collide with one another like bowling balls while UPS plays football with the box.
We're working with the shipping supervisors to make sure that these things don't happen. We're addressing shipping and packaging even more heavily, as we will have new people starting for the holidays.
One thing that draws me back to P&C is the website: it makes ordering easy and comparison very easy. I also think they understand how to make a sale into a spectacle and make all of us pick up their overstock and be happy about it
The homepage will be getting a little sprucing up to make it even cleaner and easier to use. I'll pass the compliments off to our design department. They'll be happy to hear it.
Russ

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There have been some snaggles mentioned by members in the past, but I don't think it is for lack of PC trying. To mention one of PC's strengths, they seem to have a pipe buyer who will stop at nothing and comes up with name pipes at unheard of prices from time to time. For a smoker trying to build a rotation of new pipes on a budget, it's hard to beat PC prices. Russ' blends are world class, and you'll only get them at PC. I haven't had any service complaints myself.

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
Even though I agree the packaging has been spotty at times, I have never had to return anything because of damage, yet. That sort of thing is more tolerable especially given the current sale on Russ' blends.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
For a smoker trying to build a rotation of new pipes on a budget, it's hard to beat PC prices.
Dear MSO, you are right if it is compared to other sites, but I doubt if you compare them to ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.