PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'm trying to remember when P&C does their annual Customer Appreciation Event. If memory serves, and it sometimes doesn't, this usually goes off around November doesn't it?
I'm trying to remember, but it feels like a year or so since the last huge outpouring of vitriol and spite directed at P&C for giving away free stuff to customers.
Can someone help jog my memory? I am in a place where I can take advantage of the event this year and I want me one of them cool grab bags.
Cheers,
-- Pat

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Our Customer Appreciation Week is somewhere around August 20th of each year, about 6 months after IPSD.
Russ

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Soon to be followed by 'No Anything Week' when you get an empty box from a formerly existing pipe tobacco company! But think about the children Pruss!! :rofl:

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I'm sure we will still do something special next year. We're just going to have to figure out how to make it work.
Russ

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
And then there's the problem of people being pissed because they didn't get the free stuff that they didn't want.
and
And people might still complain about how it was packaged.
and
Dan I am outraged I didn't get an empty box of sh*t I didn't want!
Win the internet today.
Dan, that was one of my favourite closed threads of 2015. Not quite Starcat quality, but damned close.
I'm sure we will still do something special next year. We're just going to have to figure out how to make it work.
When are you going to wake up to the fact that you're too good for us, Russ? We don't deserve you.
-- Pat

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Avoid the tobacco and do something with discounting pipes and accessories? I'll really miss the samples at pipe shows, the best ways to sample what you might not buy to sample ... other than extremely generous Forums members.

Jan 8, 2013
From what I understand, tobacco can't be given out as a free sample anymore. But I don't think there is anything saying it couldn't be sold for a penny. I'm friends with the owner of a vaping shop (Ecigs and all that) and as some of you know they're getting hit with these FDA regulations just as the tobacco companies are... maybe even worse. He used to run a special buy two e juice bottles get one free. He can't do that anymore, and therefore is running Buy two get one for a penny.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Selling "free" samples for a penny isn't going to cut it with the FDA. They don't know much about pipe tobacco, or the pipe tobacco business, but I expect that the feds will be out in force at the West Coast show, getting educated and gathering info to stuff in their black boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.