PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
First, no one wants sources to succeed any more than I do. After one faux pas with P&C I set up a different account and have had no issues until today.
Second, the fact that my order took longer because UPS dumped it to USPS does come into play here. I am not whining about time to get here.
The issue: The wife brought the box in this morning. When I was able to get out to get the box the bottom smelled of mold. It is barely possible, but possible, that the mold happened during wet transit, but the box was not wet when received. IMO it had to have mold issues at point of origin. Fortunately, all my tobacco seems fine, but traveling for a week in a moldy box, the precious leaf just "got lucky".
I am not going to stop ordering from P&C over this. It is actually the reason I try to be amenable to all retailers in this forum. Having one less source this month leads to one less source down the road, etc.
If this sounds whiny, it certainly is not meant to be.
David

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I went down to shipping and raised your concerns. There's no water in the area where the boxes are stored and the collapsed boxes are on pallets, so even if there was any water around, the boxes are elevated. It might be possible that a bundle was damp before they arrived here, but they're shipped in on the pallets which are stretch-wrapped, so I think it's unlikely. Once the shipments are off-loaded, we don't have any knowledge of the conditions in the trailer. I'm sorry that you had this happen and I'm glad that the shipment was okay. Folks in the warehouse are checking right now to see if there's any evidence of wet boxes or any way that they could have been stored near moisture.
Russ

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Update: I've been informed that they found some boxes that had some mold on them. All those boxes are being destroyed. I'm glad you brought this to our attention so we could address it.
Russ

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
David, good catch.
Russ, thank you for your super fast action. I hope they are giving you stock options. I swear that place would implode without you.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Russ, thank you for your super fast action. I hope they are giving you stock options. I swear that place would implode without you.
No stock options, but I'm well taken care of. I've got 14 years of my life invested in trying to help build this brand, along with Hearth & Home and others, and I've been recently tasked with addressing things like packaging and assisting with customer concerns. While I don't have an ownership stake, I do take ownership of whatever needs to be addressed to deliver a better experience. As always, if anyone wishes to bring anything to my attention, my email address is russo@pipesandcigars.com.
Russ

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Outstanding Russ, you are the reason I continue to order from P&C. Thank you for being so hands on with regards to customer service :puffy:

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Thanks for the good work Russ.
As far as the UPS hand off to USPS, I have had to quit using that option. It just doesn't work for me. I now pay the extra cost for straight USPS delivery. Now, if they can figure out how to get that right, I will be happy.
This is the last box that USPS handled. It had bags of tobacco, thankfully no tins.
36830131910_95708835f0_z_d.jpg

chiefwannapuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2017
I often coined "UPmess or FEDwrex, choose one." Years ago. I've also heard the phrase "Build a wall." was told to new hires with regards to use every bit of space on the trucks, but I can't remember the source, it was a while back.
That said, we need to mindful of packages originating from areas afflicted by the storm, (I now actually consider that before ordering).

Status
Not open for further replies.