PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Just received a large order from Pipes & Cigars today, and want to compliment Russ O. and the P&C staff for how much improved their new shipment packaging is. Thank you very much! Quick shipping, packed with care, and at a great price! Many thanks!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I'm gratified that your order came in properly. I have to compliment our warehouse staff for the commitment they made to improve our packaging. This was something that needed to be done, and I'm pleased with the feedback we've received.Thanks for taking the time to post this.
Russ

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yep, I've had great service too. Fast shipping and the quality of shipping has improved. The only issue I've ever had is the bent and beat up square tins. It wasn't from crushed boxes, the tins were shipped that way. Luckily I was going to open the tins anyway, so I never complained. It only happen once or twice. Smoking pipes.com is closer to me so I usually go through them because shipping is cheaper, but Pipesandcigars has exclusive items that Are a must. I'm a proud patron of both establishments and highly recommend them to everyone I meet that's interested in pipes and tobacco.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Just got a package from P&C that was packaged incredibly well. I have noticed a vast improvement over that last few months; however, the package I received today was the best yet.
Keep up the good work.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Just got a package from P&C that was packaged incredibly well. I have noticed a vast improvement over that last few months; however, the package I received today was the best yet.
Keep up the good work.

Jan 8, 2013
My last order through P&C was packed very well too. I was very pleased with the improvement. Give your warehouse staff a pat on the back and our thanks, Russ.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’ll jump on board and say that I too have been impressed. It used to take forever to receive a package from y’all but now I’m getting them within three days of placing an order. Great to see you all take the complaints to heart and fully commit to improving your process. I’ll be ordering much more frequently from here on out.

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
Agree packing has drastically improved. Only issue is sometimes the pickers do not pick the right items.
P&C has gone out of their way to make it right so I am a happy camper here. The $19 Stanwell pipes also help :)

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Only issue is sometimes the pickers do not pick the right items.
I've run across this a few times lately and we're having a meeting next week to try to determine why this is happening. There are a number of possible reasons, so we're going to dig into this and find a solution. Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
Russ

Jun 25, 2017
I've had a couple issues in the past with Pipes & Cigars sending the wrong tin(s). Both times I called up customer service, had a human pick up quickly, and work with me to rectify the issue. Correct tins were sent out immediately either as replacement or additional at a deep discount.
I don't judge a company for making mistakes. I judge a company on how they respond to mistakes. Needless to say I'm still a happy customer. We're all human.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I once ordered a tin of Balkan Sasieni and received a tin of Balkan Sobranie instead. I never reported the error. Does that make me a bad person? :evil:

codyl

Lurker
Mar 28, 2018
I can also say that my recent packages have been packed very well. Huge improvement from the first few I received 3 to 4 years ago.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I've never had a problem with P&C other than the constant sales causing me to spend more than I planned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.