PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I've been wrestling with a slight bought of PAD lately, so I drove over to the little antique shop where I buy all of my estate pipes. When I asked for the key to the pipe case, the clerk said, "Oh, my pipe guy left something for you." This aroused my curiosity, and she produced from under the counter, a tin of Rattray's Red Rapparee and a tin of Sutliff Man's Best Friend (unopened!!). Since I've bought so many estate pipes from this fellow's collection, he sent me a gift. How cool is that?
So, to return the gesture, I had to purchase his Danish Johs straight....$35.
I love Fridays...
image20-600x450.jpg

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Nice Ranger, that thing looks good...nice and clean and shiny, to boot!!! Congrats and enjoy, brother, happy FRIDAY!!!

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
That's awesome. When I first started smoking a pipe I had no idea that I would also be joining a brotherhood with such a strong sense of community. Pipers are a damned fine breed indeed!

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
Nice Ranger, that thing looks good...nice and clean and shiny, to boot!!!

That's why I buy from this fellow. He has a collection of 500+, which he keeps wrapped in cloth in a vault. When he sells them, he completely sterilizes them, cleans out the cake, and everything. None have any chatter or scratches. They are like brand new pipes when he brings them to the antique gal. Most of all, his prices are unbelievable. We've spoken on the phone, but I have yet to meet him in person. I hope to meet him and see his vast collection some day.
I would've included more pics, but the black gloss finish made the stamps too hard to see in a photograph.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Ranger, you have a treasure in the "pipe guy"! I've been to dozens of antique malls and never found anything but old drugstore pipes -- and in sad shape.
Bob

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ranger, great looking pipe and that seller was very cool giving you that tobacco for free. I hope your new pipe smokes great for you, congrats.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
Ranger, you have a treasure in the "pipe guy"! I've been to dozens of antique malls and never found anything but old drugstore pipes -- and in sad shape.

The least expensive pipe he has tried to sell was a beautiful Kaywoodie billiard. Most of his pipes were originally in excess of $250 new.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
REP:
You picked up a Johs for 35 bucks and got a couple of tins of tobacco as well?
Brother, that's a shoot and score.
Well done for being such a loyal customer!
Great looking burner, BTW.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.