Clean & Cure & Savinelli's Stem Clean with pics (Your advice please?!)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipe8

Might Stick Around
Jan 3, 2013
Hi guys,
Every 5 - 10 smokes when I do a "deep Clean" on my pipes I normally use Savinelli's stem cleaner. It comes in an 18ml bottle and costs around £3.50 (ish). 8O (eak! You seriously pay that Tom!? :rofl: I know, sucks to be me, but I get stuck in my ways and found it very good!)
51bD13HwKDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Now, I have no problems paying that really – let’s be honest that's a pint of beer which will go in 15 minutes and this bottle, if used sparingly without it dripping everywhere when it's pushed through the pipe lasts a long time!
I was browsing a website earlier looking for shank brushes and I found "PipeMasters Clean & Cure" (I know, I’m easily distracted) 8O .

Curiosity got the better of me because normally this stuff is not found in the UK (well i found a shop in the channel islands) and I have seen it pictured around everywhere and thought I'd give it a go!
cc.jpg

What I want from you guys is just your opinion on this cleaner, a little research kicked up that it replaced Bee pipe sweetener? - I might be completely wrong, please correct me.
Please don't mention Everclear, rum, brandy, vodka etc I know all thoes work, but I was just curious with your experiences with PipeMasters Clean & Cure.
NOTE: I have heard a few of the same remarks as I did with Savinelli's stem cleaner, eww it's toothpaste in a bottle, it ghosts my pipe, it strips the finish etc.
I have found that Savinelli's stem cleaner never actually ghosted my pipe or stem if allowed to dry correctly (2 days of drying time + & the nice - just in my opinion, minty smell went)and I have been told that any alcohol will strip my pipe or stem finish, It's just a case of being careful?
Is the minty taste really that over powering, or do you think said people just got a little too eager to light up before it was allowed to dissipate?
Has this "ghost" happened in your pipe and do you have any experiences you can share with me?
Soooo In saying this I really look forward to your experiences and any advice you can share with me, as always I really appreciate any time you take in replying to my questions, thanks in advance!
All the best,
Tom.

pipe8

Might Stick Around
Jan 3, 2013
I forgot to add, after every smoke I run a pipe cleaner dipped in "Denicotea Deniclean" down the pipe stem just for general maintenance - so far it's been pretty good, it's not alcohol based to the best on my knowledge, hence why I use it after every smoke, I can just run a pipe cleaner dipped in this, a quick wipe out with this every time and no worries about stem discoloration or tar build up, so I can be a little less careful, not to mention this makes my deep cleans very easy and quick.
Have any of you tried this, it seems to work fine?
78_0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.