PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
To Rich for my blood.
I wonder what Pipestud thinks? I've never bought aged tobacco. But I've looked at enough prices to know that that is way to expensive.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
Blatant price gouging. I get that some people are willing to pay inflated prices for the harder to find leaves out there but this is insanity.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Ebay prices, a year ago or so before they cracked down, were about $125 a bag and $40 a tin. I guess they are taking it up a notch. LOL

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That is HYSTERICAL. I have about 5 tins of 3 yr old Pelican. I would sell them at $50/tin if I thought I could get it. $65/tin???? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Supply and demand topsey turvy curvey! Unfortunately this won't sit and rot, but will become wonderfully aged with matching price tag.

Two suggestions nobody buys and let price return to equilibrium..... Yeah right.

Or I can supply condor plug at a fair price as a substitute.

:)

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
I will not pay more than 20.00 for a tin. I would love to try pelican but probably never find it for a reasonable price. Palestine has sold 16 year plus tins of Penzance for around 50 to 65.00.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
Been arguing with the guy via email. He seems not understanding and uses eBay to gauge his prices. A total nincompoop. I just snagged a tin of Penzance off P&C and screenshot of the total. Bet he is cursing me to hell. I've never had Penzance before, but it will taste of the ashes of my conquered enemies.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Well congrats on yours. If you are apatient you can get them for as low as 10.00 a tin. I got a few today at 10 a tin from smoking pipes.com and for 14 from lj peretti. Hopefully I can hang on to these tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.