PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstoms

Lurker
Feb 19, 2014
I've had so much fun making pipe racks for my hubby. Yes, I know untraditional for a woman to enjoy this type of thing, but I having enjoyed making him something that he likes and they are all different and unique.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Handsome, and so original. These are family heirlooms and works of art. Please

put a little text on the bottom of each piece explaining who made it, as a gift for whom,

when and where. Also, the materials. I know that sounds vain, but in fifty years, or

a hundred, that could be pretty fascinating.

cstoms

Lurker
Feb 19, 2014
Thank you guys for the nice comments. I typically use oak, walnut, pine, or poplar.

Since my better half bought some new cowboy boots recently, I did make the one out of real leather, and yes those are spurs as the holder for the stem.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Nice work. I suggest that next time you route a line on the bottom board where the pipe will actually rest. That will keep the pipes from sliding forward. Below is a link to a site selling router bits that shows what I am talking about.
Winton
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/bt_core.html

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
ssjones, If I was making a rack like you showed, I would use a plunge router with a large round bottom router bit. Click on the link I provided in an earlier post on this thread and you can see what I am talking about.
Winton

Status
Not open for further replies.