PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
There is a pipe. It has been over reamed a bit. Good pipe for all that. it states the walls are 1/4th inch thick. Is 1/4 inch too thin for good briar wood to be smoked? I have seen a dunhill with walls thinner, but I want some advice before I tackle this thing.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I think you did great. The price is right and the walls are plenty thick. I have bought from that seller and he does not sell a pipe that is not in great shape. I think you will really enjoy that pipe, congrats.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Nice! 1/4 walls are fine. I like to stay above 3/16. Of course thicker is better(to me anyway). I have also bought from this seller. I think you did really well.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Thank God! It is such an awesome looking pipe I took the plunge. I have been stalking a decently priced GOOD Charatan for some time. Now I need a Spigot and an Ardor (or an Ardor Spigot, ha ha)... and possibly a Dracula, tho for the life of me I cannot tell you why I love the look of them.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
wyfbane, Ardors are excellent smoking pipes and there are some good deals out there on them. The older Charatans are priced very well right now and one of the best bang for the buck pipes out there. I have a Rad Davis Belge with very thin walls and it smokes very cool. Once you build a good cake and if the briar is good, a thin walled pipe is nothing to fear. Your smoking technique does have to be good though, thicker walled pipes are more forgiving when technique is shaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.