PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I tend not to think about it. Cause i'm not allowed. Thanks for bringing the pain back... Where's the whiskey? :crying:

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
It doesnt bother me, but for the most part I smoke out of doors out of respect for my wife, I smoke nails and she quit 15 years ago, so I started smoking outside as not to tempt her, Not that she minds the smell of tobacco, she always compliments the pipe tobacco that I smoke, even the english blends. She also still likes the smell of the brand of cigs that I smoke.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Well, if I am in a bar that allows pipe smoking I drink eitther a good scotch or Guiness. If I am forced to be in a bar that doesn't allow smoking I stay there much less time, drink the cheap stuff, and leave.
I was in a truckstop yesterday that happened to be in a state that still allows smoking. I was sitting at the counter, waiting for my food, and enjoying a bowl of Bishop's Move. A jerk a few seats down from me was doing the fake cough thing. As I was sitting in the designated smoking section I noted him and chose to ignore him. After several fake coughs I saw him talking to the waitress.
Although I couldn't hear what they were saying I saw her point to the counter and then to the designated no smoking area. I surmised that she told him to move to the no smoking area if he didn't like it.
She made a point of telling me she liked the smell of my pipe.
The whiner didn't move but he did quit the fake coughing thing. I guess he figured out he wasn't among friends.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
You can smoke indoors but keep in mind that you will need to wash the walls and ceiling at least twice a year . Spic and Span works well .

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I usually smoke outside, but I did smoke indoors at my friend's house the other day. It's OK but I prefer being in the open air. Like some here I also don't like the idea of having to scrub my walls and ceiling all the time.

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
it's the usual way I smoke and I have to say that compared to cigarette smoke (or worse still, cigar) pipe smoke does not seem to hang in the air for days and soak into the furniture and walls...it also smells way better to start with so most folk who object to cigarette smoke do not mind a pipe. Having a candle lit in the same room while you smoke is a good way to keep the air clean, and you can also try leaving a small bowl or two of white vinegar in corners of the room; this also absorbs smoke aromas.
Unfortunately most folk have to smoke outside these days due to the lack of bars and cafes with smoking facilities...I quite enjoy smoking outside as long as it's not -20C or similar!

Jul 15, 2011
I live in a house with my girlfriend, a female co worker, and her dead beat guy companion/not quite boyfriend. My girlfriend is gracious enough to accept the pipe, even my heavier English mixtures. The guy is often too ripped out of his mind on alcohol/other substances to care what I am smoking, and the Latakia blends only bother the co worker if she is asleep. So most of my smoking is indoors, with the rare exception when I want to smoke English blends while she is asleep, seeing as how we both work the same schedule. She does compliment me on the smell of my aromatics, and she suggests that I smoke them more often. I think I can oblige her! :puffy:

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
No smoking in the house, but I used to smoke inside my studio/smoke room. An insulated and air conditioned shed where I record and generally hang out doing awesome stuff.... but my wife is now pregnant and can't bear to be away from me so I must resort to smoking outside on the porch the last 2 months... it just gets way too smoky in my studio to feel good about having her in there with no ventilation or anything.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
It depends on who's indoors but in mine ...
Chewing Tobacco: No

Cigars: No

Cigarettes: No

Dip: No

Pipes: Yes

Snuff: Yes

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Indoors for me. All tobacco I've ever used from cigarettes to cigars to pipes always seemed to taste better indoors.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Cigarettes are always smoked outside at my house; not just because of the odour, but the mess - I've never known an indoor cig. smoker to not have a fine layer of ash covering everything (usually radiating outwards from the ashtray), no matter how much they clean up and are careful about it.

Cigars tend to be smoked outdoors as well, although thats more because I only smoke a big-stick on the rare occasion, often at parties (when I force everyone to smoke outdoors - 30 smokers in a three bedroom house isn't cool...). I do limit my indoor cigar consumption to my garage area, to keep the lingering aroma's contained.

With my pipe, I tend to gravitate to the outdoors in the warmer months, however once the frost starts to make an appearance, I'll move back indoors...with the exception of a couple of particularly pungent Latakia blends (IE Ten Russians). Like cigars, I tend to do most of my indoor pipe smoking in the garage area; come winter it gets converted from an indoor junk-pile to a man-cave.

terry

Oct 7, 2011
I don't smoke indoors because I don't like the musty smell that tobacco smoke leaves behind but, hey that's just me. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.