PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I can't help thinking poor chap. Imagine trying to inject a little common sense to the modern world :wink:
Excellent and entertaining article.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
Ecigs aren't all that bad honestly. I make my own liquid for them, which is very easy, but I also make everything for mine myself, except for the batteries. All I put in ecig liquid is propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, diluted nicotine solution, and flavoring. Very simple. Either way, I liked the article

briarhillgeoff

Might Stick Around
Nov 8, 2014
Ah, propylene glycol is not used in anti-freeze. It's actually used in a lot of pipe tobacco to keep it moist - ever wonder why Molte Doltce is so moist and sticky???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I didn't say it was used in anti-freeze it is a food grade anti-freeze. Per the link you Provided
The freezing point of water is depressed when mixed with propylene glycol owing to the effects of dissolution of a solute in a solvent
It's used in everything from printer ink to children's toys.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
The word in question is diethylene glycol, a colorless liquid used in solvents. It is poisonous.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
Diethylene glycol was actually put into a type of eliquid from China, and all importing of that liquid was stopped when this was found out. I can't say that it isn't harmful, because I honnestly do not know. But either way, everything gives you cancer nowadays.

Oct 12, 2014
'Add those to the 20,000 plus who die from alcohol related automobile deaths annually and who get heart and liver ailments by excessive drinking.'
Add to that the even larger number that die from obesity and junk food related deaths heart problems blah blah
LIFE CAUSES DEATH! Quick! Ban living! It has a zero percent survival rate! Nobody has ever gotten out alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.