PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
It seems I have definitely transitioned from pipes to cigars. As a result, I have a lot of pipe tobacco for which I would like to find deserving homes.
Unfortunately, health issues keep me pretty close to home these days, so I'm going to have to limit this offer to Seattle-area folks who don't mind driving to my home on Tiger Mountain south of Issaquah, or perhaps meet in a mutually convenient spot.
Here's what's up for grabs:

Unopened tins: 4X McClelland Tastemaster

2X Butera Royal Vintage Latakia #2

4X Frog Morton Cellar

1 Molto Dolce

3X Peterson Connoisseur's Choice

1 Peterson Sunset Breeze

1 Peterson Irish Oak

1 MacBaren Honey & Chocolate

1 MacBaren Plumcake

2 MacBaren Vanilla Cream

3X 7Seas Royal Blend
Bulk Tobaccos: 4noggins Button Bay

4noggins 3 Blind Moose

4noggons Evening Cordial

4noggins Essence of Vermont

4noggins Nutty Professor

4noggins Bald Headed Teacher

Peter Stokkebye Nougat

McClelland McRaspberry
For now, I'm going to hang on to my pipes and my jar of Edward G. Robinson Blend -- if anything will get me back to pipe smoking, that stuff will do it.
If interested, please PM me; I'll wait to get a few responses before responding, so we can figure out how to most fairly distribute this stuff.
Thanks.

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
Don't do it!! You'll be back to your pipes again. If you hold on to your tobacco, you will come back to some well aged blends. But I can almost guarantee if you think you are going to smoke strictly cigars after coming from the pipe,you are wrong, you'll be back in the fold again! Nice gesture anyhow

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
4dot, listen to jon11. I smoke a box of Camachos a week but will never leave my pipes. I'm not going to preach that one mode of smoking is healthier than another but the pipe offers things that cigars and nails do not. Peace, reflection and ease. Those things in themselves are balm for the spirit and body. Just hang in there and get back to where you want to be. We're all here for you and taking a break from the pipe does not mean that you can't participate in the fun. Be well.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Don't worry, guys -- even if I give away all the tobacco listed, I've still got enough on hand to last me for a long time ........ if I return to the pipe. :puffy:

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
If you don't get any local takers, I would reimburse you shipping. What I don't smoke I will ship out to the guys from the Free Pipe Project.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
"If you don't get any local takers, I would reimburse you shipping. What I don't smoke I will ship out to the guys from the Free Pipe Project."
Thanks -- I'll keep that in mind. I'm not worried about the shipping; it's the 14-mile trek to the post office and back.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
4dot if no one locally takes it, the New Orleans Pipe Club would love to have some...please let me know your cost for shipping..I don't mind sending you a pre-paid box either...
Thanks

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Apparently I did not make it clear that this offer was for Seattle-area members only, for which I apologize.
Anyway, a most elegant solution has presented itself, thanks to forum member Irasch. Next Saturday, the day of the Seattle Pipe Club picnic, I will be delivering ALL of the tobacco to him, and he will bring it to the SPC picnic, where it will be distributed among the members.
Again, my apologies to all of you from other parts who requested some of the tobaccos, but due to age and health issues I am just not in a position to deal with packing, shipping etc.
Happy puffing, SPC members! :puffy:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Godspeed to you 4dot.
Please don't be stranger here. Please?
I have always enjoyed your incredibly well written posts, wry comments and regard you as one of the most considerate, level-headed, go to sources of all things piping on this forum.
I hope your wonderful contribution to the SPC freedom fighting guerrillas does not go unappreciated.
Fnord

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Thanks, Fnord for your kind words. I don't think you'll be getting rid of me that easily -- with my desk full of pipes, and my jar of Edward G. Robinson tobacco close at hand, I'm sure I'll be taking up the pipe again, especially when the weather furns cooler, which is never too far away here in the Northwest.
Many thanks to all for your encouragement, wisdom, and camaraderie.

Status
Not open for further replies.