Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboss93

Lurker
Jan 3, 2012
Greetings Forum!
Lately I have read up on how to sweeten a pipe, and I have noticed that most of the pipe sweetening methods include grain alcohol. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are any other methods to sweeten a pipe, since I'm underage to purchase alcohol?
Thanks in advance!

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
There are many pipe sweeteners that don't contain Alcohol, one I use sometimes is called Deniclean,I am sure that other members of this fine Forum can recommend more.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
hey bigboss, i am the same way. im only 20 and had to have my parents buy me something to clean out my pipes last time.

what you can also do, and what has been mentioned, is buy a cleaner solution. i did that a few days ago and cleaned out my pipes and honestly it probably even worked better than the alcohol did. i just got mine at my local b&m but im sure you can find it online.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
You can also use Isopropyl Alcohol.

Most any pharmacy will carry the 99% Iso, no age restrictions for purchase.

Iso will also not impart any flavor to your pipe as some sweeteners can do.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I bought some Bee Pipe Sweetener and it worked great....dont' know exactly what is in it, but it sure made my baccy taste better after I cleaned out my pipes with it.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Clean as often as you see fit. I say just keep smoking it until you notice that your backy doesn't quite taste as good. Then you'll know that you should clean it every X amount of smokes.
Some like the ritual and clean after every smoke. Some won't clean em for weeks or months lol.
Also important to remember that "sweetening" and a cleaning with grain alcohol are two different monsters. Grain alcohol or iso won't really impart any flavours onto the pipe because of the insanely high alchohol content. Which is why many love them; they evaporate fast and won't need a long period of drying time before they are smokeable.
Pipe sweeteners that retailers sell are a good way for the under 21 population to sweeten a pipe without needing to use an alcoholic beverage of choice. (reposado or anejo tequila for me thank you) But I don't have any experience with the sweeteners. I figured it was just easier to use a drink I like. I should experiment with a good sweetener to see what it brings to the table. :puffy:

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I have heard that you can sweeten with distilled vinegar, not sure how it would work or if its even true.

Status
Not open for further replies.