PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
The pipe survey results are now in with over 700 respondents. I want to thank everyone who took the time to complete it. The survey results will be made into two parts, Part I, which is now posted, contains the pipe question. Part II will contain the tobacco questions. The link to see the results is UPCA homepage

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
My browser refused to connect, citing serious security issues with it. I could override the warnings, but I've learned in the past that it's not a good idea. Sorry about that, UPCA guys, when you get your site secured so that it's not a hackers paradise, I'll take a look.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
All's well with the UPCA link now. I messaged Doc Garr and Tom Wolfe about the snag, and they promptly hopped on it. The original problem may have been mainly with Chrome. The results and analysis are very interesting, but I can see folks jumping in with ways to improve the sampling for the next round.
hp

les

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I think this is very interesting. Thank you very much! Two figures I was very happy to see: 51% smoke pipes while reading and 80+% own estate pipes. Literate folks who like historical objects (or just used stuff) - that's an appealing picture to me for whatever reasons. The findings on pipe expenditures on p. 4 will be very useful in family disputes about pipe purchases: I am clearly not spending nearly enough money on pipes and am way behind the curve as a result. That's just what the data show.

Status
Not open for further replies.