PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyle

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Des Moines, IA, USA
I don't know who this bloke is, and I didn't participate in the event, but apparently there was at least one pipe smoking participant in the Des Moines Tweed Ride this weekend.
bilde

Des Moines Register Photo Gallery

lyle

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Des Moines, IA, USA
Thanks for the welcome messages, guys! I only recently discovered these forums, and I'm glad I did!
@Lawrence: I certainly have no problem with a repost. The photo isn't mine, just a link to the Des Moines Register web site.
@olewaylon: Cool, another Des Moines pipe smoker! As for what the Tweed Ride is... well, I've never done it, but apparently once a year folks gather at The Royal Mile pub, dress in tweed, and ride their bikes around. The pipe photo was published in the Register yesterday, so I thought I'd share.
I'm probably not coordinated enough to smoke a pipe and ride a bike at the same time, but it does look like fun.

scottn

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Great photo, we need a tweed ride here in the twin cities. Oh and welcome to the forum Lyle

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I could probably smoke a pipe and ride a bike. It's lighting the tobacco and tamping I'd have a problem with. :rofl: OH NO, LOOK OUT!!!

lyle

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Des Moines, IA, USA
I've tried smoking while doing something "active" a couple times, like shoveling snow. it always goes badly. I either inhale by accident and choke, drool down the stem, or exhale through the pipe and shoot embers everywhere.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
good to meet a pipe smoker in same town Lyle. i might be able to smoke and ride but i doubt id be able to master lighting her up.

oldshacker

Might Stick Around
Oct 26, 2012
From what I can see, he looks like he is not the only one that is really enjoying his pipe smoke too.

Status
Not open for further replies.