Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
That's what Fred Brown's new column makes me feel like doing .. sit back, relax with a pipe and do some reading.
Check it out here -

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/the-pipe-pundit/slower-than-a-one-legged-rooster/

Oct 7, 2016
And Fred asks the question, why so many new blends coming out in the face of the deeming regulations? If there is better answer other than tobacco manufacturers like to sell more tobacco, I would love to hear it. With the current consumer frenzy, they are shooting over a baited field. Just put something out that gets decent reviews, and the smoker thinks "Wow this stuff is great, and I better stock up because after X date I will never be able to find it again." Greatest sales environment for a product that was otherwise in decline that the industry could have ever hoped for.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"why so many new blends coming out in the face of the deeming regulations?"
If the deeming date is changed to present/future then new blends are in. Hopefully between the e-cig and cigar industries lobbying efforts, we will catch a break. Freaking FDA.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I work hard, and play hard, but times I just wana sit and read smoking my pipe, guess that's the years trying to catch up to me :rofl:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Got up, crack of dawn, made coffee, jumped in overalls, muck boots, and walked the farm spraying round up. Usually ride the tractor but wife has been on my butt, Exercise,Exercise,Exercise. Came in around 8:30, cup of coffee, loaded a Butera Bulldog with Nitecap, and Man that Patio recliner on Old porch felt good, one of my best smokes in a while. PS, I'm hard of hearing, but it's gonna get worse when I hear Exercise,Exercise,Exercise. :laughat:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I'll try to write louder. I hear you though. You're not talking about selective hearing lose all husbands exhibit I suspect. Me? Too much time in loud aircraft. You? Percussive explosions? Lots of 'em I suspect.
Exercise? Bah! I'm a firm believer that we only get a finite number of heart beats and I'll be damned if I'll use them running around town in my underwear. There is no way I could out of doors legally wearing Lycra. Can you hear me now?

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
"I'm a firm believer that we only get a finite number of heart beats and I'll be damned if I'll use them running around town in my underwear."
Jim Fixx.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Legs were probably wore by then, runners careers don't outlive their knees which are almost guaranteed to give. Can't see why a heart would be much different, wear is wear. Every time you do something it's one less time you can do it. Dust.......

Status
Not open for further replies.