PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I started pipe smoking in earnest about 2.5 years ago. I'm a weekend warrior type, maybe smoking 4 or 5 bowls a week, and that spread across a pipe collection of about 10 pipes I smoke regularly. They were all bought new or restored estate pipes. A few days ago I was doing a deep cleaning of several pipes and lo and behold.....I had some serious cake buildup, as in way too much cake right in the middle of the bowl as a souvenir of lot of abandoned bowls as I was learning my way. I felt like I had graduated from pipe college, and Vince Vaughn was giving the commencement speech:
All Growns Up

Mar 1, 2014
I usually give the bowl a good blast of air through the shank and a light rub down, hopefully I end up with a nice "thin but dense" cake.
For my own milestone, I had to add an "English" category to my tobacco notes today.

SG Navy Flake, savoury, a little sweet, not sweet enough to compare with a Virginia but it doesn't smell at all like a campfire. It doesn't fit in either the Virginia or Latakia categories.

I thought it would never happen and all the fuss about English blends was just people being silly. Well you can colour me silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.