Pipe Smoking Keeps me Healthy (aka My Own Questionable Science)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Three weeks ago, my business partner came down with a terrible flu, from which she is still suffering the lingering effects. Two weeks ago, my wife caught the same bug; and for the past week and a half, my son has been suffering its effects. My aging grandfather, whom we care for, seems to have caught the bug over the weekend - he awoke to a rumbling in his chest and mild-fever.

And yet, here I am, perfectly healthy (well, barring lingering maladies like arthritis) despite being exposed to (and often caring for) all these ill folk. My diet hasn't been particularly healthy as of late - in fact, just the opposite; I've been on a bit of a junk food bender. The only reason I can conceive of for my remaining healthy is quality pipe-tobacco. Therefore I propose that pipe-tobacco is the cure for the common cold.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I use pipe smoke and whiskey in a combined gas/liquid chemical attack to create an environment that is hostile to viruses. Any that get through the chemical weapons I crush in my mind vice.
Wife and older son both had wretched chest colds/flus, Me, nothing.
(Big believer in fairly high does of Vitamin C, as well -- 1000 in morning, 1000 at night. Good enough for Linus Pauling; good enough for me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.