PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I smoked a churchwarden in front of union station in dc today. Oddly I did not get any weird looks. Apparentley DC residents get more than their farshare of strange.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I go to DC for work occasionally but this time I was passing through. I am actually riding a train to Toledo OH as I am writing this.
I sat with a sociologist (Doctor and professor who lives in Sweden), and a Vietnam vet (with serious PTSD issues) for ddinner. First time in ages I shut the hell up and let a conversation evolve. Very interesting considering the vet seemed quite liberal, and the good doctor liked guns and hunting.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I guess it goes to show you that stereotypes don't always pan out. I think I'll ride a train again. Very cool experience. No smoking though which is a bit of a drag. I could really use a pipe to go with the bottle of CabSav. In fact if I could smoke I seriously doubt I would fly much more. There is a relaxing nature to a train ride that is hard to beat. Best thing is I didn't have to worry about being treated like a terrorist or having my nuts x-rayed and irratiated.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I used the ride the Acela regularly from Baltimore to NYC, it's the best way to get into that city. Ah to have a smoking car again, just watching the scenery unfold with your pipe, wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.