PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Now I'm not going to say yeah or nay as to the existence of the "paranormal", but not too long ago I was told this story from a reputable source and I thought it was rather interesting, especially for those of us wondering if we'll be able to enjoy our hobby in the afterlife.
There's a Victorian town a few miles down the road from where I live that was founded in the 1880s as a railroad town and quickly grew into a thriving Victorian community with various mercantile businesses as well as a bank. The old brick bank still stands today and over the decades has gone from being used as a bank to various retail businesses and is currently used as a local pharmacy.
It's been said that the old bank is haunted. According to the tale that I heard, an employee a few years ago was working there late one evening alone. While working behind the counter, the employee started to smell the distinct aroma of pipe smoke. At first he thought that it was just his imagination but soon the aroma became very vivid and appeared to be coming from the stairway to the 2nd floor. The employee slowly made his way to the steps of the stairway and gazing up the steps he was astonished to see the full apparition of the old banker in his Victorian suit sitting on the steps, apparently smiling and enjoying his tobacco pipe. The employee was apparently more astonished than scared and it was obvious to him that the figure wasn't malevolent. Within a few seconds, the figure disappeared.
So, whether or not you believe in the paranormal, thought it interesting that this old "ghost" is apparently still enjoying his old pipe and tobacco in the afterlife.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Neat story! I've experienced the smell of a pipe in a reputedly haunted residence before. As a pipe smoker, I may be attuned to it a bit more than the average joe... :puffpipe:

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I do have an estate pipe with ghost. this ghost is VA/PER ghost.

So when I smoke H&H Anni Kake this ghost dancing in the pipe and make a taste good.

Status
Not open for further replies.