PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelp

Lurker
Sep 13, 2017
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155112941508981&set=gm.2026216094275099&type=3&theater&ifg=1 Churwarden & Mac Baren Vanilla Cream- bliss

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Why have I always been repelled by the idea of Facebook? I think it is the robotic requests for friending. That just suggests profound creepiness. Apologies if you love it.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Your telling me that the wife and I aren't the only ones who don't do facebook??? I could have swore we were based off of comments from friends and co workers...

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
+1 Jay. Just read an article on a study that shows correlation between higher depression rates and, possibly higher suicide rates and less drive for independence with teens and social media use. It also correlates lower teen homicide and vehicular deaths because teens stay at home more, get driver licenses later and have less person to person interaction with peers. Always two sides to a coin...

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I have a facebook account and I still can't access that page.
You know FB is great for keeping in touch with friends and family as long as you are aware people only post the good stuff.
It can be a bit shocking to see pictures of a friend's wedding when last you heard he was happily married to his previous wife. The lack of continuity can lead to some embarrassing assumptions.
There are some good FB pipe pages though. The group "Metal Pipe Smokers" has been good to follow. It has 259 members.

Status
Not open for further replies.