PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngpiper1

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
consider this thread a thread where you may post a list of pipe smoking authors old and new, discuss their books, quotes, etc etc. So far off the top of my head I can only name JRR Tolkien, and Charles Dickens I believe.
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9, L.

Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Not that I'm famous by any stretch of imagination, but I happen to be a pipe-making, pipe-smoking author with two books on Amazon- wish I had time to finish the third, but all the time is going to pipemaking...

Crescent Rising

Blank Slate

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
C.S. Lewis

Ernest Hemingway

P.G. Wodehouse
There should be a couple of "celebrity pipe smoker" threads that we can crib the authors from... Off to see what I can find. :D

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Believe it not, the author of much literary mythology like the Earthsea Trilogy (dreadfully adapted to a TV film by the SF Channel) and science fiction, Ursula K. Le Guin, is a pipe smoker. Or was last time I saw a photo/interview of her many years ago.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I forgot to mention one of the most famous authors (of fantasy) is numerous award winning author Harlan Ellison.

reepicheep

Lurker
Jul 26, 2013
Also Jack Schaefer, who wrote one of the best western novels ever... Monte Walsh. A must read, and one of the main charcters, Chet, smokes a pipe in the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.