PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
One of our favorite things on a Sunday afternoon is smoking a pipe at the beach in Sarasota.

Definitely found it just a bit challenging getting the thing lit with the wind gusting over 20....Fortunately, Rotary Navy tends to stay lit once you fire it...

258qetj.jpg

2v96ko2.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Looks like a good time to me. The wife and I are heading down in Mid-October for a seafood festival and our anniversary. I am so looking forward to smoking while enjoying the beach.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Great pics, but don't talk about Rotary Navy....it's horrible. Wink wink

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
I love smoking at the pier on Lake Michigan. Lighting it on the beach has always been a challenge for me haha. Hope you enjoyed it!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I have brought my pipe with me on numerous occasions to the beach, as it is only 20 or so minutes away, and it is pretty much a crapshoot as the winds are usually way to much to gain any enjoyment out of the endeavor. Between keeping the pipe lit and worrying about burning the hell out of the chamber, i find it not worth even trying for the most part. That said, i still bring a pipe anyways just as i do pretty much anywhere else i go. You know, just in case, lol.....

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I love everything about the beach, except smoking my pipe there. It's just not worth the hassle when it is that windy (or anywhere!).

Status
Not open for further replies.