PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I found this article about pipe smoking health and tips on how to be more careful when smoking to be particularly interesting. Thought you guys might enjoy.
http://graemets.tripod.com/Safer_Smoking.htm

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, that was a very informative article. Thanks for the link. It should be underscored, however, that the author,

while offering what seems to be sound advice, is not a doctor. What resonated with me in particular was the following:
Remember that many "drugstore" brands of cheaper tobaccos have numerous additives (chemicals) in them to give them a long shelf life, to prevent mold developing, to keep them moist and to add flavour, and these additions may not be harmless. Some of the more expensive pipe tobaccos are much more pure and have few, if any, additives.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Indeed he is no doctor; however, it is quality information to think about when you are smoking your pipe. Just some food for thought really. In my opinion you can never be too careful unless it gets in the way of your enjoyment smoking your pipe.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
It provides some interesting things to think about. There's nothing wrong with keeping them in mind when enjoying a pipe. Eventually the new habits will replace the old and you won't need to think about them.
I draw the line at getting a retainer, though! I should have kept mine from high school.
Simon

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
The clearest benefits of pipe smoking for me are emotional. I am soothed and set at peace when I spend time with my pipes..whether smoking or cleaning them. These are moments of quiet sanity in the midst of a too-busy world.

Status
Not open for further replies.