Not open for further replies.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
I just moved to Rock Island last year in September

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
FYI the Chicago show isn't in the city at all, but at Pheasant Run, which is in the suburbs toward the country, so if you are from the outlying smaller cities and towns in Illinois or surrounding states, you won't be battling city traffic and high costs for paid parking. Here in N.C., our TAPS pipe show is at the Fairgrounds with acres of free parking. Unless I'm mis-remembering, the New York pipe show is in New Jersey. The big city venues are just too expensive, and the alternate locations are rather pleasant.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
Sweet Kiel, we should get together sometime and enjoy some baccy. I live in a small town south of the Quad Cities...Cambridge, but work in Moline. Chicago is a little far for me for a pipe club but I have been to the Pipe Show and am planning on going this year as well. I was hoping to start something in the Quad Cities area.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
Sounds good! Cambridge is about a half hour drive from the Quad Cities, right? I heard there used to be a couple of tobacconist in the area, but they have all since closed.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
Yep, 30 minutes south of moline. The only tobbaconist left is Hickey Brothers in Rock Island. They have their cigars locked up behind glass and have only a couple tins of John Cottons and a couple tins of Drew Estate as far as pipe tobacco. I asked them once about having a pipe meet up there but they said pipe smokers didn't spend money they just brought their own tobacco and smoked and shared them. They like their hookah crowd I guess. Sad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.