PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
Hey up there ^^^
I grew up in Richmond, live in Louisville now, but spent some time in Indy 03-08 and went to Purdue (95-99).
Where are you 'near Richmond'??? That's my turf, braH.

number6

Might Stick Around
Apr 28, 2011
I'm originally from "Terrible" Haute now in Palm Beach, FL.
Irishsmoker: when I was very young my father was the basketball coach at a tiny school south of Vincennes. It was called Decker Chapel, ever here of it?

number6

Might Stick Around
Apr 28, 2011
They used to have a small community center there and they had a corner dedicated to Dad's teams. Do you know if it still exists?

number6

Might Stick Around
Apr 28, 2011
thanks for the info .. is there a phone number for the center? I'd love to know if they still have the exhibit. I'd like to get pictures of it for my daughter.
Dad's teams won 20+ games for a few years and they had something like 20 boys from freshman to senior year in the entire school.
The good old days of small school Hoosier hysteria.

number6

Might Stick Around
Apr 28, 2011
Thanks a lot
(Did you ever hear about the Sasquatch sighting in Decker Chapel in the 1980's.)

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
i live in louiville myself briarpipeboiler. sent you a pm.
mike.
Same here, I live in Louisville now, but originally from New Albany Indiana! We really oughtta gather up and have a Kentuckiana Pipe Smoker's meeting!
Right on, Louisville folks.
How great is it that the 64 bridge is fixed??
I don't know about you, but I travel for my job to Tell City and Evansville area at least once a week, as well as up to Indy, Rushville IN, etc etc etc, once a week, and I couldn't be happier. What a pain in the a** that was.
Anyway, glad to know you all are around. Where do you shop for your pipe gear?? I go to Kremer's Smoke Shoppe downtown. They are most helpful and cool so I prefer that place to the Oxmoor Mall Smoke Shop.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
South Bend here.
The nearest B&M I can find is a Tinder Box in Mishawaka. I haven't been there since picking up some cigars as Christmas presents a few years ago. But I plan on rectifying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.