PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
Hope this is ok to post. I have a question. I've been a member here for a little over 2 years and have recently joined another forum - Pipe Smokers Forum (PSF). All was going great until about 3 weeks ago - I can not longer log on to the PSF site. My account has not been deleted, but when I try to log in, it eventually fails giving me a "500 Server Error"
I've tried contacting them but to no help. Even have another member of the site trying to help, but to... no reply yet.
My question, is anyone here a member there, and have you too encountered this same problem.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Forums are tightening security and limiting whole ranges of IP addresses to combat spam.
If this does not clear up soon just e-mail the site admin and let them know.
In the meantime ... proxy server is your friend.

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
Cobguy - I've emailed the webmaster - no reply. Tried setting up a new "temporary acct" just so I could log in and get help for my other acct, but the new accts fails to get completely established.
Proxy Server??? Do tell more.
Are you a member there??

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
I tried joining that one before I joined here. I didn't want to be forced to be affiliated with a magazine/company but there is no join option for me.. absolutlely no way of joining.
And although this site is the most complicated forum I frequent, it is great and full of neat info. And I'm glad I decided to make an account! Would be nice to check out the other one though..
This site does need the standard 'subscribed' threads option, it was a real pain figuring out how to find them!

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
Strangley enough, out of curiosity I tried to sing up again..
It worked, atleast until my account is verified. Are these guys like the Masons? lol

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
All was going great until about 3 weeks ago - I can not longer log on to the PSF site. My account has not been deleted, but when I try to log in, it eventually fails giving me a "500 Server Error"
Most likely:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/miserable-users.5035/
These users are Discouraged, which the admin thinks is cute to use.

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
With all the forums around, if they do not want me, I just go where I am wanted

I'm not sure they don't want me... they just are not making any efforts to help. Like myself, Bonehed is also a member of both this forum and PSF. He has offered to help by contacting the moderators at Pipe Smokers Forum - but he's not getting any help from them either. He is however able to log in, which is a step up from me.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
As I have mentioned in other threads regarding that "other" place, don't bother. This place blows the doors off it anyway. If they can't get their act together then so be it. I received that 500 server error when I visted there a year ago. Funny how I have never seen it anywhere else.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've seen a 500 error at several forums. I don't know what it means. Sometimes, I've gone back and could read the page. Other times, not. I've never had that problem with PSF, though.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Like myself, Bonehed is also a member of both this forum and PSF. He has offered to help by contacting the moderators at Pipe Smokers Forum - but he's not getting any help from them either.
Hence the rumors of a Purge of non-conformists...

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
This is the only forum I do, If I ever do anything stupid enough to get kicked out of here. I doubt I would go looking elsewhere..

Status
Not open for further replies.