PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I've written some posts about beneficence and paying it forward in this community and I mean what I write. One thing that is bugging me is every time I try and share with you people and pay it forward, some smartass has to go and outdo me! If we don't get things under control, all this good will and generosity is going to work itself into full-blown philanthropy and what the hell are we going to do then?
I send someone a pipe and another guy sends me three. I send someone a baccy sample and another guys sends me a box full of baggies and tins. A guy offers to send me a sample of hard-to-find baccy and does he just send the sample? Noooo. He sends three generous samples of stuff I never tried before.
You guys are killing me! :rofl:
Thanks for being great!

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
There are some VERY generous members here, some of the best folks that Ive come across whether on the net or in person... BUT I feel guilty as fuck as I cant pay it forward as much as I would like, but mines only due to finances and not because im being a douche... somehow I always feel ashamed of sending out such small samples :oops:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Captain you are doing what you can, don"t feel bad , one day it will all change and you will be the one, you are to be commended for doing as much with what little you say you have, I have great respect for that The old cajun

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I felt the same way when I first started up. I had 2 pipes and maybe 3 different tobaccos so what was I going to share? It all comes in due time and the fact that people did those things for me helps motivate me to do what I can. Those small samples can grow into great things later down the road.
Proof of this was something was when a few of us helped Irish get it together after his pipes were stolen. Some gave him pipes and some gave him baccy. All I had to give was a couple of tampers. Later down the road he gave a kid who would otherwise not have one a brand new bicycle!
I hope he doesn't mind me using him as an example and I think he's the type of guy who would do that sort of thing regardless of what anyone did for him but he mentioned that what we did was at the forefront of his mind when he decided to give the bike away.
A whole lot of "little bits" makes something great sometimes.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
@baron I don't mind at all brother!

@captain you will get there! I still don't have a lot to give and what I do have was because of the kindness show to me here! I just give what I can when I can!

Aug 14, 2012
Pipesmokers are good people. I sell some estate pipes sometimes. I erroneously sent an expensive pipe to a guy in Montana. He called me and told me he already got his pipe and he was sending it back.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Eloquently put brother. I go through the same damn thing. I give one and get three in return. I can't outgive you guys. Thank you.
From Dave.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
OK sue me, but in my way of thinking, I will and have helped out folks in need and it has always been my pleasure in doing so.
I don't post about it, I just do it.
- I dont think the majority of the helping that goes on around here gets talked about... and thats nice.
Sue me, but I feel funny when people ask for help (no matter how subtly, directly or indirectly, no matter their intent which, I am sure is usually honorable.)
Funny how? like a fucking clown?
Everyone has challenges in life.
- well god damn, now thats some insightful shit right there!
Maybe I am one cold bastard.
- Maybe... but I like ya! and look forward to your sarcastic ass post's :wink:

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
When I first started smoking a pipe, a member on here PM'ed me and sent about five samples of different baccy and I haven't been able to pay that forward yet.Though I can't wait for the right opportunity.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Reason I made the OP is that someone did something really nice for me today that I never expected them to do. It was nothing I asked for or even felt I needed but they thought of me of all people for the recipient of the good deed. I'm not going to say who it was or what they did, but it the kind of cool thing I've seen on here a lot.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Like the moon, emerging from behind the cloud........giving from the heart, spreads a soft glowing light.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Yea, we are a giving lot. I've met some of the best people ever on here. You are one of them Clint. Oh, and be ready, I just got word from my new whole leaf tobacco supplier and my package went out yesterday. I Will be pressing up the new and improved Baron Samedi Midnight Plug next week and you will have the first sample:) I'll send you samples of all of the new and improved plugs I make. I can't wait. Good post Baron!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.