PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Don't know if it was a fairly new show, I had it dvr'd, but last night I watched American Pickers and they spent some time with an older pipe smoker. I couldn't tell what kind of pipe he smoked, but he was puffing away for quite a bit of the time. Definitely a clencher to. Talked most of the time with his pipe in his mouth, no hands to hold it while talking. Just kinda let the thing hang there while speaking. He even had to relight a few times.
I can't talk with a pipe in my mouth unless I'm holding onto it. It falls on the floor.

I can even eat a hamburger with my pipe in my mouth. Ha ha, ...well ...sort of. ...if I had to.
I haven't seen that episode. I was there for one of the episodes, when they visited my best friend's car museum. (I wasn't filmed) They scripted it and set up the place to look like it was a junky redneck house with very old cars; however it was really a museum, ha ha. They also had him talk like a hick, which was an act also. The "realities" of TV.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
cosmicfolklore, I rarely watch American Pickers. Knowing the picks are staged makes me even less inclined to watch. I hope your friend was able to take some of their money.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
cosmicfolklore, that's interesting. What State was that?
Ya, reality TV has changed over the years. Much more scripting now.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I caught that show to a while back. At one point He says "I'm gonna go out and smoke my pipe"...

Status
Not open for further replies.