PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Despite the vast temptations of pipe shows in the pipe and tobacco departments, don't forget to pick up pipe cleaners, pipe nails and/or tools, racks and other items. Usually these are priced better than most other places and you don't have to pay shipping. Speaking of shipping, if you have picked out a pipe online, and the retailer will be at the show, it's possible they will bring it along, save you shipping, AND give you at least a modest pipe show discount. It's happened for me! Park close or bring a backpack to stow your purchases. Also, this is the place to sample those tobaccos about which you have curiosity but some reservations. A sample bowl will cost you nothing beyond show admission and answer your question on those several bends. Also, it's smart to have in mind the particular pipe you might be interested in rather than just jumping on a bargain, since there are often quite a few bargains to be had ... some of which might not be pleasing when you get them home, or a week later. This is also a great way to meet and size up pipe carvers, to see who you might work with on a commission.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
There is only one show that I plan to attend this year and I really hope to stock up on some tobacco's and a few supplies along with getting one or two new pipes. I'd really like to find a wall hanging cabinet to be able to expand my pipe collection. Right now I'm limited to 20 :( . That's just not going to do with Rad Davis and a few of the other carvers I want try and buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.