PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Now that was fun!! Spent the afternoon at Smoker's Haven at their pipe show. They had about 10 pipe makers showing their creations. One of my favorite pipe makers is R.C.Sands who works with Tim West here in Columbus. I love his pipes as they are well made, smoke great, and they are priced very very well! I have three now. Here is the latest:
887580_10200120967719570_988765449_o-600x450.jpg

Here is R.C. Sands and I enjoying our R.C. Sands pipes (I am smoking Blue Mountain btw :puffy: )
883841_10200120830836148_440484374_o-600x450.jpg

I have more pictures to post here soon.
Jason

rjscha

Lurker
Feb 16, 2013
I've heard a lot about Smoker's Haven. Wish I'd have known about the event today. I just drove an hour to the closest Pipe Shop in Indy and it was closed when I got there...sigh.
I just signed up for Smoker's Haven newsletter. It's only 2 1/2 hours away. Maybe I can catch one in the future?

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Maybe I can catch one in the future?
They plan to do it again soon. They will say something about it in their newsletter.
Smoker's Haven is an awesome store. Lots of pipes (especially estates), nice and knowledgeable staff, and their tobacco selection is awesome!
Jason

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I just talked to Tim West 3 days ago to order some briar and going out to share some bowls with him in a week or so and he never brought it up! I'm 3 hours from Columbus. Pipe smokers *facepalm* we start talkin about stuff and forget about the things going on around us. Maybe that's why we smoke pipes. hmmm

bigmick

Might Stick Around
Nov 1, 2012
There was a lot of awesome pipes and people there. It's great to actually meet the guys who make the pipes. Even better to sit/stand around with a bunch of new friends just smoking and BS ing. Can't hardly wait for the next show.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Darn, wish I had known about that. I'm not too far from Smoker's Haven myself. Sounds like a great place.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
For anyone interested the show continues on Sunday 3-17-13 From noon to 5 PM eastern time. I live in FL so I can not attend.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
There was a lot of awesome pipes and people there. It's great to actually meet the guys who make the pipes. Even better to sit/stand around with a bunch of new friends just smoking and BS ing. Can't hardly wait for the next show.
It was nice meeting you! Did you try the ODF yet?
Jason

bigmick

Might Stick Around
Nov 1, 2012
It was nice meeting you! Did you try the ODF yet?
I did. I need your address again so I can raid your stash. lol It was pretty good. I still have half of that sample to try later this week.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I did. I need your address again so I can raid your stash. lol It was pretty good. I still have half of that sample to try later this week.
Excellent! Glad you liked it. If you can't find ODF, Peterson's Irish Flake is a nice substitute.
Jason

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Dragonslayer:
Let me know when you are in town! Maybe we can meet up at Smoker's Haven.
Jason

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
Glad to see you've had a great time Jason. To everyone else - we know, we did a poor job of promoting the event and we'll make it more visible next time. It wasn't intended to be a show (originally, it was just the pipemakersforum midwest meetup) until very late in the planning. We hope to have regular events similar to this one at the shop.
Benjamin Berkeley

Tobacconist

Smokers' Haven

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sounds good Jason, hoping for a little warmer weather at some point and time. But always up for some bowls nad hanging out with brother of the briar. I'll message you when it looks like things come together on my end.

Craig

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I was in there a couple of weeks ago and no sign of an upcoming event. I must say if you haven't been in there for a couple of years or so you will see a huge improvement. With that huge premier location front window you guys need to really bump up your self promotion.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I stopped in on Sunday when I saw they were open, I dropped some pipes off for repair. Ended up walking out with a nice little nose warmer made by some fella named Micah. It's a nice pipe, this fella has some talent. There were a few amateur pipe makers there and I gotta say, we definitely have some nice up and coming talent. I wish I could have hung out longer, but the wife was waiting on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.