PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Short and sweet. The wife and myself are going to Columbus for fine dining and pipe looking for our 25th wedding anni. Will be going on Wednesday. Any help people?? Thanks...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
One of the best in the US,is in Columbus, from what I've read:

https://www.smokershaven.com/
Congratulations and have a great trip!

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Smokers Haven does not have a retail store front. Pipes and Pleasures, Tinder Box in Dublin.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Try calling Smokers Haven and find out if Premal will be at the shop when you're around. He will show pipes by appointment, and has an amazing selection.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Smokers Haven does not have a retail store front."
They did when last I patronized them.
The address shown on their Website is 7919 Station Street, Columbus, Ohio 43235. Their telephone number is 614.299.2442.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
No retail store front? How sad! When I was in graduate school in Cincinnati in the 70s, their shop at 47 East Gay Street was indeed a haven for many pipe smokers

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Thanks for the input Gentlemen! Will snoop around and see what I can find...

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Smokers Haven does not have a retail store front."
They did when last I patronized them.
The address shown on their Website is 7919 Station Street, Columbus, Ohio 43235. Their telephone number is 614.299.2442.
Evidently you haven't patronized them in a couple of years.. when you did it was their shop on north high st a couple of blocks north of campus unless its really been a long time then you visited his dad's shop downtown. Oh, the current is in a non-smoking complex.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I was at smokers haven shop a couple months ago. They don't have much of a store front, just a room with LOTS of pipes in it and a warehouse that they make pipes in. They also have almost no tobacco present and you cannot smoke in the shop. I would definitely call before you go, and I will warn you that its hard to find.
Pipes and pleasures has a decent amount of tobacco and a fair amount of pipes but very little high end pipes. It has a nice smoking lounge and its a good place to hang out play cards socialize etc.
Tinder Box Dublin has a little of everything but again not too much by means of high end pipes, but they are the most likely to have sought after tobacco such as penzance. Stay away from Tinder Box Easton because its mostly just cigars.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
In defense of TB Easton.. they have been increasing their tin selection. That is a very high rent district so you gotta stock what sells. The Irish Pub next door allows smoking on their patio on the end next to TB. TB does have nice outside seating and I challenge anyone to find a shop with a better view.
If I aint being too nosey what part of town will you be dining?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Thanks Doc for the reply! I'm open to anywhere in the Columbus area. Just some place nice with great food is what I'm looking for...

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Evidently you haven't patronized them in a couple of years."
You are correct, Sir! Now that I think about it, I believe that my last visit was in 2015, and, indeed, the store was on High Street in the vicinity of The Ohio State University campus. Tempus fugit...

Status
Not open for further replies.