PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
Is it possible that smoking out of certain shape pipes will give you a bigger nicotine buzz than other shapes? I've smoked this blend before (H&H Louisiana Red) and have had no ill effects from it. Decided to have it as the first smoke out of a pipe I got for christmas. 1/4 of the way into the bowl I was feeling the nicotine. I've smoked this in other pipes to the bottom and have had no problems with it. I'm wondering if its the pipe shape.

jamespworth

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2012
Don't know about you but I find if I pack the pipe a little tighter than normal it has that effect.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What's the pipe shape that gave you the stronger nicotine exposure? A wider, deeper bowl tends to give you more

leaf burning at once, so it might have that effect, like a big deep pot, prince, author, or an XL billiard, for examples.

I have a big, deep poker/pot hybrid made out of Mountain Laurel rather than traditional briar, and I used it to smoke

a freshly opened tin of Nightcap, back when it was more potent even than it is now (so they say). That definitely gave

me the full nicotine effect, not bad, but I was glad I was ready to go to bed for the night. On the other hand, a big

bowlful has never transformed a low nic blend into a nic high for me. I don't smoke for nicotine. It can be pleasant

when it is there, but that's not the satisfaction for me.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I find with full bents and nosewarmers I breathe more in through the nose than in a straight or slightly bent. I had the same thing happen with a blend I had smoked many times previously. I also seem to get more flavor from aromatics when I use the full bent or short pipe (aroma+taste)

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Crazy how it can happen at times, but apparently it can as it happened to me. This might shed some light as to what happened to me. I think, albeit I may be wrong, is that there are many variable factors that can come into play such as ones metabolism on any given day, cadence of smoking a particular blend, etc. Hard to explain, but it happens. Here is what happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.