PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2013
So I've found a nice little shop that isn't to far out from me. I plan on heading down to it this weekend and getting several different blends/cuts/brands. I haven't tried any Englishes out So my question is Should I grab another cob and try it with the english first? My briar so far has only been smoked with aromatics and flakes. I've been told that englishes will make the pipe take them on.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Yes, get a good cob for the English Tobacco. Ghosting is an issue with many tobaccos. Good luck.
Mike.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Good luck on your hunt! One of my most favorite parts about pipe smoking is exploring the different tastes and experiences of different tobaccos.

Jul 10, 2013
Evidently this place that I'm going to encourages customers to bring their pipes and sample while they walk around and shop. This is a first for me. Just plan on getting some new things to try.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
That's right, most B+M`s will let you sample their House Tobaccos. They will give specific names to these tobaccos, so you might not know who has manufactured the blend unless you ask. Also most House Blends will be aromatic with some English Bends and maybe a straight Burley and 1 or 2 Virginias.
mike.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Good luck.
I can highly recommend any of the Frog Morton's blends (Cellar is a favorite of mine) as a good place to start with English blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.