PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Hello everyone,
Tonight I finally completed my pipe collection and will NEVER have to buy another pipe! Ha! Actually, I started smoking a few months back and wanted to share my story on how these six pipes picked me. I am doing this in the hopes that others will share their pipe rotation with everyone and maybe drop a line or two on how they came about each one.
So I lined my pipes up in the order they were purchased. And the story goes a little something like this...
I started by lurking in the forums and reading through the suggestions that others offered for beginners. I decided to head to my local B&M to look through their estate and basket pipes. I chose to buy a basket pipe and my first pipe is a Paykoc Briar. I picked this one up on a whim because I liked the simple finish and the understated look it offered. My second pipe purchase was from the Electronic Bay, and I chose it because I wanted to try a Peterson P-Lip without spending too much. It was listed as a Peterson Sports Classic “nosewarmer”. I immediately fell in love with the P-Lip and purchased another one at my B&M. It is a Peterson 317 which was from someone’s estate. I jumped back on the Electronic Bay and found a decent deal on the Peterson 305 which is pictured to the right of my 317.
Two weeks ago I walked into my B&M and was perusing the cabinets and saw this St. Paddy’s Day 338 beauty and I had to get it. I found it to be very appealing with a green side, a brown side, and the nickel band separating the transitioning orange to yellow stem from the bowl. It is so beautiful to me that I have not smoked it! I guess I am waiting for the right blend. Last but not least is my MM Country Gentleman with a Straight stem. I picked this one up earlier today and had 2 bowls through it when I normally just do one per night. I was pleasantly surprised on how she smoked and will try my hand at posting a review of it soon.
I enjoy smoking all of them but my favorite is the “Sporty” Peterson. It is lightweight, balanced and small enough that I can keep it in the corner of my mouth without much effort. I hope to find another someday to add to this stable.
I hope you guys appreciate your pipes as much as I do and please entertain the rest of us with pictures of your rotation and a little info on them.
Thanks!
7f4fb9d1-3ce5-4747-a6ab-86d67b984859-600x407.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
They are like rabbits. If you keep them all that close together, they will breed and you'll have dozens in no time! :nana:
Nice rotation.
jay-roger.jpg

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Nice little collection. Somehow I get the idea it will be growing in number as the weeks and months go by. Thanks for the pic and the story. Happy piping :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.