PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
Let's assume you have at least seven pipes in your collection.

Which rotation system would you recommend:

(a) a different pipe each day;

(b) a different pipe after each bowl.
Your input would be appreciated! :puffy:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I use the same system as roth and I have found it works well for me. When I am breaking in a new pipe, I will smoke one bowl in it, let it rest a day and then continue like that for about 15 bowls. I also do a very thorough cleaning after every bowl.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I usually apply the Product Rule, but the others give pretty good results too!

calculusformulas.jpg

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I have pipes dedicated to types of tobacco so first I decide what I'm smoking then whichever one says smoke me I grab, if none speak I grab the closest one to me

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
I agree with everything said above... Until you throw a Falcon in to the mix.
Those bad boys will just keep giving you great smoke after great smoke no matter how much abuse you give them....

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I have so many pipes I don't worry about a rotation. Just pick one. Start at this end and work my way to that end. Clean them well. Start all over again. If I had to make one I think that smoke one a day and have a 7 day rotation.

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
...use one pipe a day and usually end up with 2-3 bowls a day in it.
Same here. Worked for the codgers in my life. Works for me. Quick dry clean once a week. The full whiskey treatment every other week.

vaboatbuilder

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2012
i usually only smoke two bowels a day max so i use a pipe once a day it will usually get several days rest before i use it again.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I'd smoke my favorite two pipes once every other day, giving them a day rest between smokes.

I'd smoke the others from time to time when I felt like it.
My favorite pipes would probably change from time to time also.

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
Thinking about it some more, with the wife now allowing me to smoke aromatics inside (I AM not THE KING OF MY CASTLE!) I am using 2 pipes per day. For the most part I'll choose a blend and pipe to start the day with and take both with me for the day. This equates to anywhere from 2 to 4 smokes depending on the day. Then in the evening I'll smoke a pipe from my side table on my side of the couch, where I keep 2 pipes in a 2 pipe ceramic ashtray/holder. I switch these 2 pipes out every 4 days. As I said before, all of my rotation get a dry cleaning weekly/after smoking and after the 2nd week get a full cleaning. What I call the whiskey treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.