PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
Kevin, I know you're a busy guy, but I think a listing of user reviews of pipes is something this industry is sorely missing, and I'm not sure if there's anyone better to talk about it with.

I've seen several sites now that keep all user reviews listed by item and manufacturer, making it easy for people browsing the site to find first hand opinions on a particular item.

Right now, I can write a pipe review, but no-one can find it. Getting specific information on any given pipe or pipe maker is almost impossible. This has been particularly frustrating for me over the last year that I've been looking at pipes.
At least one of the review listings I know of is curated exclusively by site staff, but looking at the Tobaccoreviews.com model, even if it takes a bit of sifting, users seem to be able to organize themselves to a certain extent. I doubt users should ever be given the ability to create new sections of the forum to "add a manufacturer" (the review section would be bloated with every guy who ever drilled a hole in briar), but just to be able to find the appropriate place to list a review would be great, and if the forum software could automatically organize threads alphabetically (with the odd editing by mods to stop people from starting everything "A1") then it wouldn't even particularly need monitoring besides the odd bit of spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.