PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Here are a few pictures of some estate restorations I've done this winter.
ci0Fa2E.jpg

9xMcpc4.jpg

ImLl13f.jpg

TsSvmkc.jpg

wmrWlVJ.jpg

r2VjQfK.jpg

GgBV1cB.jpg

0dAuqdp.jpg

Yv0WV6I.jpg

cEy1djF.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Amazing work on saving those pipes! I'd like to see a video someday of how you do the great looking rustication.
Isn't it amazing how thick some guys will let that cake buildup get? I mean, at some point while filling up the bowl the average guy might think, "Hmmmm. Maybe I should ream some of this out."
Keep up the good work!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
OH.....MY.....GOD! Those are insane! They're not restorations, they're miraculous resurrections!

I don't think any of those pipes ever looked as good as they do now.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, this is just crazy good. Like newbroom says above, the restorations are certainly better than the originals could ever have been.

Great workmanship, great vision, and excellent taste! :clap: I guess you really can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
There aren't colorful enough words to do your work justice. You work is phenomenal. Like everybody else, I have my eye on one in particular if ever you chose to part ways with these pipes...

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks fellas. Those pipes were a bag of firewood I picked up at an estate sale. Most were El Cheapo name brands. I'm keeping the Lorenzo Canadian and the LHS. I've already sold a couple of them. I'm working on sorting my collection to downsize. I'm going to offer some free pipes for some of the new pipers and fellas who need a couple fillers in their small rotation.

I don't like to hack up briar but for some of these, rustication was the only way to save them.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I couldn't even recognize half of them as the same pipe. Well done, sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.