PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
I'm not the biggest contributor to this site but over the last few months I've picked up some things that are interesting. I couldn't find the time to post. I've had leaks in my house, problems with the car, papers to sign, promises to make and issues with my head. Now that things are sorted out, I'll share a bunch of stuff in one photo. I picked this stuff up over the past few months.
tmp_23937-04191705591924398545_zpsqgs3flli.jpg
[/url][/img]
Front and center is a Two Star freehand by Mark Tinsky. That big chunk of fine briar is Tinky's rendition of an old E. Wilke pipe I have.
All the tobacco tins are from McCranie's in Charlotte North Carolina. I did a road trip from home in Pennsylvania to North Carolina the wife and I could visit family. My wife's family happened to be in Charlotte so I went on a modest pipe tobacco splurge in McCranie's. The place is awesome.
The other five pipes are estates I picked up for a good price at flea markets and antique shops. From the front going back to the cans you see a BBB, Dr. Plumb, Swiss Made (I'm not sure about the history of that one yet), a very lightly smoked Kaywoodie Standard # 11 and finally, an oom Paul sitter marked "Kimberly".
All the estates need some work so my hands will be busy for a while.
I'm more than halfway through one tin of Red Flake. The tins are from 2012 and are a great smoke. I'd like it if it was a little more punchy on the nicotine but the taste makes the tobacco stand well on its own.
The Tinsky Freehand smokes like a champ. I'm still breaking it in with Five Brothers but it'll be perfect after one or two more break in rounds.
As for the glass pig, it just happened to be on the table when I took the photo.

dragospiper

Lurker
Apr 27, 2017
I love the pipes, and have yet to try the tobaccos! Hope all is well and you're enjoying some relaxing pipe smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.