Not open for further replies.

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
I went to a thrift store run by the Shiners and they had 2 racks for

$2.50 each. One would hold five and the other ten with a place for a

tobacco bowl. Asked about pipes and the guy said we get a lot of estates

but they go fast.

Now I have some other places to look for a bargain-not to sell but keep.

Probably those pipes never get displayed. Anyway I hope this gives people that have

a limited income to look

Joe "The Greek " Stewart

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Something that you may also run into with secondhand shops is that the store policies don't allow them to resell pipes (for example the Canadian franchise Value Village); however they do still get them on occasion. Asking at the counter can sometimes net you a box of briar in a state of disrepair, but for next to nothing.

Also, leaving your name and number with the antique and second-hand shops will sometimes net you a phone call from the proprietor when they get "new" estates...especially if you build up a rapport with said proprietor.

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
here, thrift shops (or charity shops as we call them) do not often have pipes for sale... a much better place to get them is an old junk shop or antique shop which often has one or two in the window....however, if you know what to look for there are plenty of people on ebay doing attic clearances who sell pipes without any idea of their worth, so there are bargains to be had

Status
Not open for further replies.