Pipe Rack Question... Might Refuel PAD...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Estate Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
20190216_143248-600x291.jpg

So I have this row of open slots on this old pipe rack I bought last summer and I'm having trouble getting most of my pipes to fit in there.
Just to have a place for them and occupy the space, I have a really small basket pipe I picked up last year and my first cob. The only other pipes I own that fit there are my Charatan's Make and a Kaywoodie I picked up last year.
Other than pencil shanks, is there any other pipe shapes I might look for that could fit here? It just seems odd to have notches that are that tight:
20190216_143604-600x333.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, those empty slots are a siren call. Take your time, and stall if you must, so when you fill them up you are satisfied with the additions.

Jan 8, 2013
That's the problem with many pipe racks. They're just not made for decent sized pipes. They're made for little itty bitty pipes that the other larger pipes pick on and make fun of... like, "you're a teeny weeny pipe, you're a teeny weeny pipe, nanner nanner nanner,"
Pipes are mean.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I found that "Fairfax" brand racks work well, once I cut the o-shapes into u-shapes. Those accommodate most of my pipes. The larger ones go on vintage single pipe rests (mostly Syroco brand, "Scottie" shapes).

Status
Not open for further replies.