PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Gentlemen, here is a pipe rack that is pretty cool, why because it is not a pipe rack at all!! I got it this weekend at a garage sale. When I walked up I saw a sign that said 10 cents each. I thought to myself Oh my god I just missed 12 pipes at 10 cents apiece, but when I asked about it the lady looked at me funny and said I don't have pipe rack and didn't sell any pipes. Turns out it is a scissor holder. She was a seamstress and the rack is a revolving scissor stand. She had sold all her scissors for 10 cents apiece and she gave me the stand. I came home and except that it is a little slippery, will have to rough it up where bowl of the pipe sits, it made an excellent pipe stand for 12 pipes. Anyone ever seen one of these? I actually have a pipe stand that is similar but first time I have ever seen a scissor stand. Anyway it works great and it is revolving..which is kinda of cool.

piperack.jpg

piperackwpipes2.jpg

piperackwpipes.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Nice "scissors" you got there. Just don't get near my head with them aye?
Nice find.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Irish, On the pipe rack I made for My pipes where the bowls sit I stuck on some thin cork that You can get at any hobby store, It works great.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Make sure You show us when You do. You can some times find cork that sticks on one side.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Sweet find!!! When I'm at garage sales or thrift stores, I always look for things that can be used as tampers or tobacco storage
I have my mom and aunt who are seamstress and I have seen them, but for some reason never thought of them as pipe racks... Might have to "borrow" a few of them!

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i love giving items a new purpose to go on.

good find... and is there room in that hole to hold a mason jar of your favorite blend?

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Dang, I might have to try and pick one of those suckers up! Very nice find!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Jason you are right and it fit perfect!! I had tried to put a Humidor that I had in it and it didn't fit but the mason jar fits perfect. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.