PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cali43

Lurker
Apr 1, 2015
Hey guys I'm new to the forums. I'm starting to make pipes and very new to this realm. I'm looking for help finding vendors of particular parts. More specifically I'm looking for a band/mortise part that's rounded and a stem mouthpiece which ideally matches the mortise hole either threaded or a push and pull mechanism. I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for.
I want to be able to glue the band/mortise into the end of the shank and have a stem/tenon which will fit nicely in there.thank you

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Most of those parts aren't exactly off the shelf. They're custom made for each pipe. Can you show us a pic of a pipe that has the kind of fitting you're talking about?

literaryworkshop

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2014
Mobile, AL
I think J. H. Lowe might even have what you're looking for. Call up Tim West, the proprietor, and I'm sure he will be able to point you in the right direction.
I can also highly recommend Steve Norse as an all-around great source for pipe supplies. I've also gotten good stuff from Mark Tinsky.
I would also recommend checking out Pipemaker's Forum for a LOT of discussion and advice on pipemaking. Be warned, though. The forum is pretty rough-and-tumble, but the experienced pipemakers on the forum really know their stuff. It's worth hanging around just to listen in on the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.