PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We're heading to Key West for 9 days on Wednesday. This will be the first extended trip with my pipes. I'm thinking three small pipes, as I won't have the opportunity for sitting for hours on end smoking. I'm thinking:

- Mark Tinsky

- GBD Fantasy

- Ashton Rhodesian

The Tinsky has an acrylic stem, so walking around and clenching will work with that one.
Two blends - Sasieni and MM965, perhaps a small bag of King Eider (all English blends).
Two lighters - Zippo'w with Thunderbird and fuel insert. I'll fill and wrap the fuel insert with saran wrap, hopefully it lasts the week. The full t-bird insert usually will last a good week. Fall back a store-bought BIC. I'll take the empty lighter cases in our checked luggage, the cases in my carry-on.
My one pipe walk-around bag with a windcap packed.
Cleaners and Brebbia pipe nails. All packed in my Peterson 3-pipe bag (well it is a LG 2-pipe that will hold 3). That and the tobacco will travel with me in the carry-on.
Anything I missed.....or will miss?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
A folding pipe stand might come in handy.

I have one and it is SO nice to have. Especially when you're outside and need two hands for something (drinks, book, hot blonde's bikini, etc.).
-Jason

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Al, I don't think I would try taking lighters.

They might check your underwear. They could confiscate themand your shoes.

Joe2shoes

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I always pack each pipe inside a pair of cushy wool socks to prevent any damage. Other than that it sounds like you are ready bro. Folding pipe stand is a good idea. I still want one of those little sling style beach chairs that someone here always posts pictures of with their pipes.

carlosviet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2012
My carry on luggage was searched because of a pipe tool and nail. It didn't get confiscated in the end, but it was uncomfortable for everybody. Since then, I put all my pipe items in the checked luggage.

johninkc

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2012
My pipes travel in my carryon. My lighter, tamper, etc travel in my shaving kit in my checked baggage. 3-1-1 is beyond stupid. I check my shaving kit.
I also fly Southwest, where there are no baggage fees.
Disclaimer: I have an IRA position in LUV.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Just empty zippo cases in my carry-on. The lighter inserts will go in my checked luggage. I fly frequenly with a 6" spike, thermometer. Odd thing is they never give it a second glance

Status
Not open for further replies.