Pipe Night at The Wharf--SW Ohio Pipe Smokers!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

markfreburg

Lurker
May 25, 2017
For those in the southwest Ohio area, The Wharf in Beavercreek, Ohio, features a special Pipe Club night the first Monday of every month from 4pm to 8pm. Attendance is free. Folks from 18 to 88--perhaps older, we don't card for maximum age ;) get together to smoke pipes, talk pipes and tobacco, share blends, help the new pipe smoker, regale others with pipe tales, show off our pipes, and generally have the best possible time we can. The management always grabs several tins out of the case and opens them up--cost you a quarter to partake--gotta keep the FCC happy! But you get a ticket and at evening's end they draw names and give away the sample tins. We truly do have pipe smokers from the guy who bought his first pipe that night to the fella whose been smoking since the middle of the last century. We enjoy everything from rich Virginias to Orientals to tasty Latakias to Virginia/Periques to a wide variety of aromatics. And it seems everyone always goes home with a new tobacco to try or has learned a smoking tip they want to persue. Management also manages to put different pipes, tobaccos, or accessories on sale. Those who sign up as Wharf Pipe Club members also automatically qualify for a permanent discount on all pipe-related items in the store! This is too much fun to miss, people. If you're anywhere nearby, join us on the first Monday of every month. Tell 'em Mark Freburg sent you!
The Wharf can be found at 3464 Pentagon Blvd, Beavercreek, OH 45431. This is just east of Dayton, Ohio. Operating hours are 10am-9pm M-S, 12-6 Sun.
And no, I don't work for them! ;)

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I like the Wharf and have been meaning to stop by the Pipe Club for some time now. I will make another go at it in June, and will say hello if I finally make it this time. I really don't have any excuses as I grew up in Beavercreek and now live a mere 15 minutes away. :puffy:

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
That sounds like a great time indeed. Dont see too many or any events like that out here in California...

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

It was nice meeting you tonight Mark. I enjoyed myself, and thanks for turning me onto Dark Twist. It was fun having the STG/Lane representatives there. I look forward to next month! :puffy:

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I go frequently; I have missed the last 2 events due to me taking vacation in the same duration. More than likely I'll be back in August.
I'll echo Mark's summary - it's a good time and friendly folks.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
My first wife was from Beavercreek, OH. If, by some wild serendipity, I am ever anywhere near this event, I'll attend.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Wharf at Beavercreek, what an exotic address. Is this actually a landing for boats? 'Sounds scenic.

oldmojo

Might Stick Around
Jan 9, 2017
MSO, not much open water around Dayton. The Mad River and Miami River are close by, but neither is navigable.

I'm a bit more than an hour SE, but will try to make it sometime soon. Sounds like a good time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
oldmojo, 'reminds me of a trip to Dublin (a beautiful city). As I looked over the River Liffey that runs through the city, I wondered aloud to the operator of a coffee stand if it was possible to take a boat tour of the river. Since business was slack, he took me over to the railing overlooking the river and gently pointed out a grocery cart, called a trolley in Ireland, lying on its side in the middle of the river. Obviously no river traffic of any kind in that foot of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.